Grades are currently being set and talks will be held during classes. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Today’s Podcast: The Wall Street Journal on Small Business
If you would like to have grade discussions with me on Friday May 27th during the 8.20 class, please leave a comment. If you have a class during this time, please let me know and I can meet you before class for a quick discussion.
The marketing analysis assignment MUST be handed in via Fronter. No exceptions.
Marketing Assignment Hand-in Catalog (requires Fronter login).
If you are doing the Marketing Campaign please leave a comment informing me, so that we can book in a time on the 25th.
Since we are rather short on time, I’m cutting down the planned marketing assignment. You now have 2 choices to work from.
– Looking at already established products marketing within the alcohol or tobacco industry
– This work is to be done individually and handed in by May 25th.
– Creating and implementing a marketing campaign targeted either towards anti-smoking or responsible drinking. Again, you need to be able to explain your choices using the theory we covered earlier in marketing.
– This work can be done in groups no bigger than 3.
– This work will be presented on May 25th. Please contact me for presenting times since this is also during Shakespeare Day.
Here is the schedule for the pitch presentations for the people who have sent in their business ideas. Since there is ”mösspåtagning” on Friday, we won’t be having pitches at 13 as previously planned. Instead, I’ve moved those times to Monday. However, I have not received business ideas from several people, and since there is a larger group on Monday, I can’t guarantee available times during that class. The ones below who have sent in their ideas vie email earlier are guaranteed times.
Monday May 2nd 14.50
Since I’ve been sick this past week, I’m allowing business ideas to be approved by e-mail. The deadline has also been extended until Monday, April 18th. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your brief business ideas.
In order to protect your business idea, you should either:
So for the purposes of this exercise, you need to determine which of these you will choose. However, if you choose the first three, you need to register them. Copy the following application and fill it in as a comment to this post.
Type of Protection: Patent, Trademark, or Copyright
Title: Name of Idea
Applicant Name(s): Your name(s)
Description: A detailed description of your idea.